Do you long to lose that extra few pounds while satisfying the sweet side of your palette? So many of us crave lasting changes in our food choices and seek to avoid following fad diets. The greatest pitfall most people face, is cutting refined sugar from their diets. I can tell you from firsthand experience, that when you successfully stop eating refined sugar, you will lose weight, and your energy & vitality will improve. By replacing refined sugar with natural sugars from fruits, your cravings will diminish and eventually cease altogether.
Swap out unhealthy sweets with life force energy fruit treats! Fruits are just some of the gifts of the earth, that sustain us with health, happiness, and vitality. Give your loved ones these sweet treats for breakfast, snacks, or dessert. Enjoy them any time of year. Savor the sweetness of life.
Apple, Cranberry, Orange Relish
- 1 Red Skinned Organic Apple
- 1 Organic Orange
- 1 Cup Organic Cranberries
- 2 Tbsp Date Sugar
- Core the apple and cut into chunks.
- Cut the orange into chunks, keep the rind on.
- Add Apple, Cranberries, Orange, and 2 Tbsp Date Sugar to Food Processor.
- Process until all ingredients are blended into a course mixture.
- Serve in fun dishes and eat right away.
Makes 2 generous portions. Double the recipe to serve 6.
Recipe created and tested by Margarete Hyer
Blueberries & Pomegranate seeds
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- Serve blueberries with pomegranates sprinkled on top in a variety of fun serving containers such as mason jars, ice-cream compotes, mini-buckets, or cordial glasses.
- Add a sprig of fresh mint for garnish.
- Sprinkle on top of Greek Yogurt or Vanilla Ice Cream.
Mangoes & Strawberries
- 1 wedge of Mango peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Strawberries hulled and sliced
- Sprinkle raw chopped pecans, almonds, walnuts, or pine nuts on top.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
- Sprinkle with one teaspoon of Enjoy Life® non-dairy mini chocolate chips.
- Cranberries promote a cheerful disposition.
- Cranberries destroy toxic hormones from plastics, pesticides, chemicals, & environmental pollutants.
- Cranberries are a natural appetite suppressant, thus supporting weight loss.
- Oranges are full of the coenzyme glutathione, which fights off viruses and deactivates toxic heavy metals.
- Oranges are high in bioactive calcium, making them good for bones and teeth.
- Oranges are excellent for immune support.
- Apples reduce viral bacterial, yeast, and mold loads that create inflammation.
- Apples contain phytochemicals that feed the brain and increase electrical activity.
- Apples assist in detoxing heavy metals and radiation. They are the ultimate colon cleanser too.
- Dates are excellent for the digestive system and deliver vital glucose to the liver, supportive to diabetics.
- Dates are rich in about 70 bioactive minerals that support the adrenal glands, a perfect anti-stress food.
- Dates are abundant in anti-cancer properties.
- Berries in deep blues, purples, & blacks are miracle fighters of free radicals and excellent for the brain.
- Wild Blueberries have the highest proportion of antioxidants of any food on earth.
- Wild blueberries prevent the onset of dis-eases such as cancer, metabolic syndrome, heart disease, diabetes, & Alzhemier’s Disease.
- Pomegranates strengthen both red & white blood cells.
- Pomegranates help support the adrenals and stabilize blood sugar.
- Pomegranates provide high quality glucose, helping with focus and concentration.
- Strawberries are a nutritional powerhouse and all around superfood.
- Strawberries are rich in antioxidants which boosts their ability to rebuild, repair, and rejuvenate the body. Also an anti-inflammatory.
- Strawberries are a rich source of Vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, sodium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and more.
- Mangoes are a miracle sleep aid and can quickly restore depleted neurotransmitters.
- Mangoes have the ability to reverse hypogylcemia, prediabetes, and type 2 diabetes.
- Mangoes provide muscles with needed glucose, traces of sodium, and magnesium.
Have no fear when it comes to eating fruit. The natural fructose and glucose in fruit is vital to keeping you healthy. Fruit does not feed candida, fungi, cancer, viruses, or bacteria. That is a myth. Fruit fights the bad in your body, digests easily, enters your bloodstream within minutes and does not even reach the intestinal tract. In the Bible, fruit is mentioned over 300 times. It is vital to the essence of who we are and allows us to thrive. When in doubt about what to eat for vitality, use common sense. Eat the foods that have been provided by the earth since the beginning of time. Fruit is best eaten by itself or paired with leafy greens. Another great way to incorporate fruit into your daily routine is to juice with spinach and kale. You will be amazed at how wonderful you begin to feel when you eat fruit every single day!