One never knows when an emergency situation may arise. Emergency situations may include: an emergency hospital or sub-acute care stay, a blizzard, raging fires, a hurricane, tornadoes, volcanic eruption, severe flooding, and more. No matter what the situation, are you prepared in your home? Are you prepared to leave your home with the basics? The ready.gov website offers a Basic Disaster Supplies Kit checklist. This checklist includes recommended items such as: water, food, manual can opener, battery powered or hand crank radio, flashlight, batteries, whistle, maps, and many more critical items to have on hand.
Essential Oils for Food, Drink, and First Aid
In my opinion, the most essential way in which we should always be prepared, is to have healthy food, drink, and first aid solutions on hand. Many of these items that we find in the mainstream market place expire within brief amounts of time from point of purchase. I have discovered that essential oils and essential oil products, last particularly long in comparison. This is because the essential oil products I use are real (not synthetic), unadulterated (they do not contain fillers), they are sourced from the earth (properly harvested & distilled), are therapeutic grade, third party tested, and simply pure. Even better, these essential oils have a shelf life of at least 5 years, and they come in small bottles that are easy to carry around.
Know Your Ingredients
When researching ingredients from various mainstream product labels on the Environmental Working Group‘s website, you will find that most products sold in the mainstream market are highly toxic and potentially carcinogenic. This includes hand sanitizers, bug repellants, antacids, pain relief creams, toothpaste, mouthwash, petroleum based products, antibiotic ointments, hand & body cream, and more. This is the number one reason that I chose to transition into a greener lifestyle over 10 years ago. I needed to clean up the environment within my body as well as my home.
72 Hour Kit Makeover
Essential oils are an invaluable necessity to your 72 hour kit. The versatile uses, highly effective properties, and long shelf-life make each bottle a vital resource during emergency situations. You will find many solutions and healthy choices that will take you into this modern age of wisdom & awareness, providing you with a healthy preparedness kit that will serve you and your family for 72 hours and beyond.
1. Oregano – Provides immune-enhancing benefits, is an excellent source of antioxidants; supports healthy digestions and respiratory function. Tip: Take several drops in an empty veggie capsule to boost the immune system. Mix with water and gargle to soothe an irritated throat.
2. Peppermint – Alleviates occasional stomach discomfort, promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing. Tip: Apply to neck and forehead with Lavender to calm stress and tension.
3. Lemon – Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces, naturally cleanses the body & aids digestion, supports healthy respiratory function, promotes a positive mood & cognitive ability, helps ward off free radicals with its antioxidant benefits, and soothes an irritated throat. Tip: A few drops of Lemon will improve the taste and quality of your water supply.
4. Lavender – Widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities, soothes occasional skin irritations, helps skin recover quickly, and eases muscle tension. Tip: Apply a drop to a bug bite to help ease minor itchiness and discomfort.
5. Tension Blend – Eases muscle tension in the head and neck, helps reduce tension, stress, and worry, soothes the mind & body, and calms emotions. Tip: Apply 1 – 2 drops to cleanse and recover affected area on the skin.
6. Melaleuca – Renowned for its calming properties and positive effect on the nervous system, soothes tired, stressed muscles, supports a healthy respiratory system, benefits the cardiovascular system, promotes gastrointestinal health, and purifies the skin. Tip: Apply 1 – 2 drops to cleanse and recover affected area on the skin.
7. Cleansing Blend – Refreshing aroma, eradicates unpleasant odors & clears the air, and protects against environmental threats. Tip: Mix a few drops with water in a spray bottles and spritz to counteract bad air quality or protect from harmful elements in the air.
8. Frankincense – Helps build & maintain a healthy immune system, promotes cellular health, reduces the appearance of blemishes & rejuvenates skin, supports healthy immune system function, and promotes feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction, & overall wellness. Tip: Apply Frankincense to sore joints or distressed skin.
9. Respiratory Blend or Drops – Maintains clear airways & breathing, supports overall respiratory health, and helps minimize the effects of seasonal threats. Tip: Rub on chest or around sinuses before bed.
10. Digestive Blend Softgels – Aids in digestion, eases occasional stomach discomfort, and supports a healthy gastrointestinal tract. Tip: Take a softgel or put a drop on your tongue after consuming hard to digest foods.
11. Clove – Powerful antioxidant, promotes circulation, supports cardiovascular health, helps soothe teeth & gums, promotes oral health, and supports a healthy immune system. Tip: Apply one drop to soothe teeth or gums.
12. Repellant Blend – Supports healthy digestion & metabolism of enzyme -deficient, processed foods, speeds conversion of food nutrients to cellular energy, promotes gastrointestinal comfort & food tolerance, and supports healthy production of metabolic enzymes. Tip: Rub or spray around your door or window seals to deter insects from entering.
13. Protective Blend – Supports healthy immune function, protects against environmental threats, cleans surfaces, purifies the skin while promoting healthy circulation, and has an energizing, uplifting aroma. Tip: Take Protective Blend Softgels for an ultimate immunity defenses; dilute with witch hazel and lemon to clean hands, doorknobs, and other community surfaces.
14. Soothing Blend – Soothes sore muscles & achy joints, and supports healthy circulation.
15. Natural Toothpaste Samples – Cleans & freshens breath, provides soothing protection for the mouth, gums, & throat, provides support by strengthening teeth through remineralization of surface tooth enamel, and helps remove plaque & teeth stains, but is gentle enough not to damage tooth enamel.
16. Fractionated Coconut Oil – Feather-light emollient provides a soothing barrier without clogging pores, is ideal for combining with essential oils for topical therapies, and is completely soluble with all essential oils; odorless, colorless, and non-staining.
17. Fruit & Vegetable Supplement Mix – Provides the body with essential nutrients, supports immune health, supports digestive health, and supports weight management.
18. Metabolic Blend Shake – Provides a convenient low-fat, low-calorie, high-protein, high-fiber, lean alternative for individuals trying to lose fat or maintain a lean body composition through calorie reduction and exercise. Helps control the release of the stress hormone cortisol, which is associated with the accumulation of fat, particularly around the stomach, hips, and thighs. Helps control stress-induced appetite, overeating, and carbohydrate cravings. Provides essential amino acids to help prevent the loss of muscle mass & muscle tone. Helps support blood sugar levels already in normal range. Enhances energy levels while helping to alleviate fatigue commonly associated with dieting and exercise.
19. Essential Oil Ointment – Helps soothe skin irritations, enhances the natural process of skin returning to a healthy state after being distressed, provides a moisture barrier that helps to protect the skin, soothes and hydrates the skin, and is gentle for sensitive skin.
20. Other suggested items – Freeze dried fruit, vegetables, and nuts. Flashlight, battery powered radio, cell phone charger, matches, rope, whistle.
Build a new & improved 72 Hour Preparedness Kit. If you are still unsure of how you will let go of the old products that no longer serve you from your former 72 hour kit, be sure to take the time to read the ingredients on the labels, and research them on the Environmental Working Group website. To acquire essential oils & therapeutic-grade products in the least expensive, most cost effective way, contact me. Participate in an introductory educational overview on essential oils and their health benefits.
Essential Oil Disclaimer:
I only use essential oils from the true leading essential oil company in the world – doTERRA. Based on personal experience and scientific knowledge, it is even more dangerous to inhale and impure essential oil, than it is to ingest and apply it. I once got headaches from essential oils that claimed to be therapeutic grade from a company who claimed to be the world leader in essential oils. Those essential oils proved to be fragrance oils, as over time, I developed fragrance toxicity.
A true certified pure therapeutic grade essential oil will not make you feel any level of dis-ease. As the marketplace becomes flooded with essential oil companies who make untrue claims, please be mindful of what you bring into your homes. The energy of impurity is simply not healthy for the energy of you or your home. Keep it simple, keep it pure, choose well, choose doTERRA for safety, purity, and results that work like magic. I am living proof. Remember, happy, healthy, and free is your birthright and smart choices equals vitality plus success.