The Power of Lavender Essential Oil
Do you feel overwhelmed from life and work? Are you dealing with change of season triggers that make you want to hide your runny nose & watering eyes while crawling under the covers to sleep all day? Do you suffer from annoying and sometimes accidental skin upsets? Are you able to stay calm under pressure and relax yourself to sleep each night, without typical sleep aids? Do you take the time to nurture yourself with the power of aromatherapy?
Lavender oil is one of the most popular doTERRA essential oils because of its light, powdery aroma, and its myriad of uses for everyday life. Taken from the highly aromatic lavender flower, lavender oil has been used for centuries for its distinct aroma and powerful benefits. Whether you need to soothe the occasional skin irritation, ease feelings of tension, or promote restful sleep, lavender oil has many practical uses.* Lavender is the universal essential oil. It works for everything. When in doubt, use Lavender.
As a naturally soothing and calming essential oil, you will find that lavender is a helpful oil to keep on hand. Want to learn how to use lavender oil? Take a look at the lavender essential oil spotlight to see the uses and benefits of lavender oil, where to buy lavender oil, and some fun Lavender oil DIYs.
- Apply one to two drops of Lavender to calm skin irritations.
- Cleanse and nourish your skin, by making a homemade clay mask infused with Lavender Essential Oil.
- Provide relief to your skin by making a DIY razor relief serum enhanced with Lavender Essential Oil to avoid the irritation that often comes with post shave.
- Apply Lavender to your temples and back of the neck to enjoy its relaxing aroma and help melt away feelings of stress or tension.
- Add a few drops of Lavender to a potpourri mixture for an amazing aroma.
- Add a few drops of Lavender to your pillows or bedding so that you inhale the aroma as you are drifting off to sleep.
- Diffuse Lavender oil to promote a relaxing atmosphere.
- Combine Lavender oil with water in a spray bottle to create an instant solution for the unwanted smells that might be plaguing your home or belongings.
- Add a few drops of Lavender to your bath water or bath soap to reap the benefits of this tranquil, light aroma.
- Add one to two drops of Lavender to an empty veggie cap and take internally to help ease feelings of tension.
- Add one to two drops of Lavender to an empty veggie cap and take internally to help you drift into peaceful sleep.
- Use Lavender oil when cooking to soften citrus flavors in lemon sauces for chicken or fish, marmalades, citrus salads, and more. Lavender oil will also add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and dessert.
Chemistry of Lavender Oil
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
My Favorite Uses for Lavender
- Aromatherapy – I diffuse Lavender each night for a sound sleep and breathe it straight from the bottle during times of stress.
- Hot Bath – I put several drops of Lavender into one and a half cups of Magnesium Flakes, and pour into hot running water. Then I soak for at least 20 minutes to relax my muscles and make me sleepy. Warning, be sure to take this bath right before bedtime. It will relax you and make you sleepy.
- Hair Blow Out – I run Lavender through my wet hair and then blow dry it.
- Allergy Season – I ingest Lavender throughout the day during the spring season and I no longer feel sleepy or sneezy.
- Paper Cuts & Hot Glue Gun Burns in the Art Studio – When I get any kind of cut or burn in my art studio classroom, I immediately drip Lavender onto the area for a quick recovery, prevention of infection, and rapid disappearance of pain.
- Aromatherapy in the classroom – Diffusing Lavender creates a calm environment most especially before a test or after kids have eaten a lot of sugar at lunch.
- Anaphylaxis – My throat closed up in the dentist chair from preservatives in the anesthesia. I dripped Lavender under my tongue, rubbed it over my cheek and jaw bone, and stopped the reaction within about a minute.
- Lavender & Blueberries – This is a wonderful combination for muffins or a refreshing summer drink.
Consider the many ways in which you can incorporate Lavender into your life. I can assure you, it is one essential oil that I never leave the house without. Remember, when in doubt, use Lavender. If you have questions about how Lavender can change your life in many additional ways, contact me for an Essential Lifestyle™ Strategy Session.
Essential Oil Disclaimer
I only use essential oils from the true leading essential oils company in the world – doTERRA. Based on personal experience and scientific knowledge, it is even more dangerous to inhale and impure essential oil, than it is to ingest and apply it. I once got headaches from essential oils that claimed to be therapeutic grade from a company who claimed to be the world leader in essential oils. Those essential oils proved to be fragrance oils, as over time, I developed fragrance toxicity.
A true certified pure therapeutic grade essential oil will not make you feel any level of dis-ease. As the marketplace becomes flooded with essential oil companies who make untrue claims, please be mindful of what you bring into your homes. The energy of impurity is simply not healthy for the energy of you or your home. Keep it simple, keep it pure, choose well, choose doTERRA for safety, purity, and results that work like magic. I am living proof. Remember, happy, healthy, and free is your birthright and smart choices equals vitality plus success.